Are you ready for summer where the days are longer, the sun shines brighter and the beach seems to call your name?
Is it time to get your nutritional health & your body moving in the same direction?
If your answer is YES, then here’s a Summer Nutrition Kick Start Package just for YOU!
As we wind down National Nutrition Month #NMM 2015,
Yemila and I continue to prepare for the
NNM Cooking Demo
– RSVP on Facebook or
Angela at email@example.com
- Hosted by Angela Gallagher, RDN, LDN with #HealthyMeetHappy at Vintage Living Marketplace
- North of Viera Blvd on US1 in Rockledge Florida on Tuesday March 31st at 10:30am RSVP is recommended
- This is a free event to the community of Brevard County, donations will be accepted to support the local Cocoa Food Bank and to cover energy costs for the kitchen.
- Canned food donations will also be accepted and delivered to the Cocoa Food Bank
Today, we prepared a test recipe using a combination of local ingredients and pantry staples in the beautiful kitchen of Vintage Living Marketplace. Feel free to check out their website at http://vintagelivingmarketplace.weebly.com/
One recipe turned out fabulous, another recipe a flop . . . but then, that’s just the nature of a test kitchen. Some recipes work the first time out of the oven and some healthy recipes require some serious tweaking to make them reputable enough to share. A good part of a Registered Dietitian’s baseline training is in the hands on, practical application of nutrition in the kitchen. Test recipes, recipe modification, recipe analysis and menu breakdowns are all just a normal part of the routine…
Just as a science researcher documents, reports and analyzes their findings, a dietitian can help the community apply the sound science of nutrition to the real life application that we call life and cooking meals in a home kitchen.
We’d love to have you join us for our first annual NNM Cooking Demo, and given the overwhelming positive response…
Be sure to watch for future events with #HealthyMeetHappy as we teach that good nutrition and preventative healthcare begin in the kitchen.
- What favorite recipe would YOU like to have modified to fit your #HealthyMeetHappy lifestyle?
- Let’s make it another #HealthyMeetHappy week, friends!
Yemily and I set out on a journey of dabbling in food photography around Brevard County Florida last week…
We were also searching for local food ingredients for healthy recipes that we will be testing in our Farm to Kitchen Cooking Demos we are planning on hosting at Vintage Living Marketplace off of US1 in Rockledge.
Here are a few pictures from our findings.. the farm market we visited was in downtown Cocoa Village in the Myrt Tharp Square. Many of the local artisans, produce wholesalers and farmers are all local to the county and set up a lovely display of goods every Wednesday in the village.
- But first . . . in traditional #HealthyMeetHappy style . . . the day begins with…. YES, you guessed it. Coffee!
- The day begins with french pressed coffee on the back porch… brewed to perfection in just 3 minutes
- Locally grown herbs and flowers are shown here including the Stevia plant, basil, lavender, thyme, mint and florals. Did you know that one can even grow fresh tumeric here in the south?
- These are all locally sold fresh produce at the Cocoa Village Farmers Market in the courtyard of Cocoa Florida on Wednesdays
- Most of the current produce is coming from Plant City Florida, an agricultural hub of the south
- Feel free to check out the abundant fresh markets in the area like this one in historic Cocoa Village
- Isn’t it time to get back to the basics of #HealthyMeetHappy living?
- We were happy to have scored some great finds at our local farmers market.
- We are working on creating several Healthy Recipes for disease management including diabetes, weight loss, GI tolerance and food sensitivities that we will be happy to share in the future.
- Look for many great family friendly recipes to come!
- Shown above is locally harvested honey from Pappa’s – shown here is Orange Blossom with Comb; all natural, raw and unfiltered honey at its best. Try it over a slice of toast with a cup of tea?
Wishing you a #HealthyMeetHappy week!