Do you like all things beautiful?
Welcome to another day with #HealthyMeetHappy as we journey towards a beautiful life.
finding beauty in the simple things of life
What exactly does beautiful mean? Good question…
Dictionary.com describes the word this way:
havingbeauty; possessing qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind:
a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.
excellent of its kind:
a beautiful putt on the seventh hole; The chef served us a beautiful roast of beef.
wonderful; very pleasing or satisfying.
the concept ofbeauty(usually preceded by the
(used with a plural verb) beautiful things or people collectively (usually preceded by the):
the good and the beautiful.
the ideal ofbeauty(usually preceded by the):
to strive to attain the beautiful.
You got two front-row seats? Beautiful!
extraordinary; incredible: used ironically:
Your car broke down in the middle of the freeway? Beautiful!
Beautiful: What does beautiful mean to you?
a deep breath, a baby sleeping, the sun shining down on ripples of water?
Is it possible to slow down in a very fast paced world and find the beauty in things naturally created?
fresh carrots full of nutrients, fiber and phytochemicals
Look at the beautiful colors in the assortment of fresh carrots . . . deep purples, yellows, orange hues with lively green stems that so beautifully decorate the topsoil while nurturing the fine root vegetable underneath the ground. One can almost taste the Vitamin A, beta-carotenes and phytonutrients bursting at the intricately created seems.
- Is this beauty replaceable?
- Does a synthetic Vitamin A supplement exhibit beauty like this?…. Just something to think about …..
- Can you smell and taste the earthiness of the carrot?
- Can you hear the crunch of the complex starches, fibers and hydration plumping the cells of the vegetable. Look at the unique lines and textures… isn’t it just picture perfect?
Wouldn’t you agree that these beautiful carrots are a perfect analogy of a #HealthyMeetHappy experience?
So…. what is beautiful to YOU?
How can you begin today to see beauty in the simple, finer things in life.
Let us not grow wearing in doing good, for at the proper season, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Let’s make it another #HealthyMeetHappy day!
It’s Spring Break week here in Brevard County Florida…
The girls and I made a #HealthyMeetHappy test recipe today for dinner at the request of one of our children.
The handpicked menu included a family favorite “Brinner” also known as Breakfast at Dinner alongside a dietitian inspired test recipe for Coconut Flour Crepes that I’ve been wanting to try for a while now.
The Brinner Menu included the following:
Applewood Smoked Bacon
Fresh Watermelon Cubes
Fresh Mixed Greens Salad
and the test recipe Coconut Flour Crepes with a Strawberry & Honey Yogurt Creme
What was the family’s response you ask?? Our youngest giggled joyously ” this is the best dinner ever”!
Our middle child beamed with delight as she had successfully assisted in the kitchen and was now enjoying the fruits of her efforts…
Big Sister eagerly accepted the Coconut Flour Crepes and filled it with her own hand picked ingredients. Not sure what to do with it, she kept it dry and tried eating it like a taco. After a few bites, she decided it wasn’t for her and went back to her staple preference for Brinner. The dietitian mom in me was proud of the kiddos for their willingness to try something new with zeal and excitement. Another #HealthyMeetHappy success story for the blog posts…
Everyone enjoyed a delicious Brinner meal, another test recipe on the books ( not a personal favorite but) with a bit of recipe re-creation… may just become a family Winner?!
What’s your favorite family friendly dinner meal that the kids love to help out in the kitchen with?
“Studies and experience shows that kids are more likely to engage in new foods when they’ve helped create the meal. Even a few stirs or gentle pats can help with exposing kids to new #HealthyMeetHappy foods that can become future favorites that last a lifetime!” ~Angela Gallagher, Registered and Licensed Dietitian, Nutritionist
Have a #HealthyMeetHappy Spring Break!
Yemily and I set out on a journey of dabbling in food photography around Brevard County Florida last week…
We were also searching for local food ingredients for healthy recipes that we will be testing in our Farm to Kitchen Cooking Demos we are planning on hosting at Vintage Living Marketplace off of US1 in Rockledge.
Here are a few pictures from our findings.. the farm market we visited was in downtown Cocoa Village in the Myrt Tharp Square. Many of the local artisans, produce wholesalers and farmers are all local to the county and set up a lovely display of goods every Wednesday in the village.
- But first . . . in traditional #HealthyMeetHappy style . . . the day begins with…. YES, you guessed it. Coffee!
- The day begins with french pressed coffee on the back porch… brewed to perfection in just 3 minutes
- Locally grown herbs and flowers are shown here including the Stevia plant, basil, lavender, thyme, mint and florals. Did you know that one can even grow fresh tumeric here in the south?
- These are all locally sold fresh produce at the Cocoa Village Farmers Market in the courtyard of Cocoa Florida on Wednesdays
- Most of the current produce is coming from Plant City Florida, an agricultural hub of the south
- Feel free to check out the abundant fresh markets in the area like this one in historic Cocoa Village
- Isn’t it time to get back to the basics of #HealthyMeetHappy living?
- We were happy to have scored some great finds at our local farmers market.
- We are working on creating several Healthy Recipes for disease management including diabetes, weight loss, GI tolerance and food sensitivities that we will be happy to share in the future.
- Look for many great family friendly recipes to come!
- Shown above is locally harvested honey from Pappa’s – shown here is Orange Blossom with Comb; all natural, raw and unfiltered honey at its best. Try it over a slice of toast with a cup of tea?
Wishing you a #HealthyMeetHappy week!