Farm to Kitchen Series in Brevard County, Florida
Yemily and I set out on a journey of dabbling in food photography around Brevard County Florida last week…
We were also searching for local food ingredients for healthy recipes that we will be testing in our Farm to Kitchen Cooking Demos we are planning on hosting at Vintage Living Marketplace off of US1 in Rockledge.
Here are a few pictures from our findings.. the farm market we visited was in downtown Cocoa Village in the Myrt Tharp Square. Many of the local artisans, produce wholesalers and farmers are all local to the county and set up a lovely display of goods every Wednesday in the village.
- But first . . . in traditional #HealthyMeetHappy style . . . the day begins with…. YES, you guessed it. Coffee!
- The day begins with french pressed coffee on the back porch… brewed to perfection in just 3 minutes
- Locally grown herbs and flowers are shown here including the Stevia plant, basil, lavender, thyme, mint and florals. Did you know that one can even grow fresh tumeric here in the south?
- These are all locally sold fresh produce at the Cocoa Village Farmers Market in the courtyard of Cocoa Florida on Wednesdays
- Most of the current produce is coming from Plant City Florida, an agricultural hub of the south
- Feel free to check out the abundant fresh markets in the area like this one in historic Cocoa Village
- Isn’t it time to get back to the basics of #HealthyMeetHappy living?
- We were happy to have scored some great finds at our local farmers market.
- We are working on creating several Healthy Recipes for disease management including diabetes, weight loss, GI tolerance and food sensitivities that we will be happy to share in the future.
- Look for many great family friendly recipes to come!
- Shown above is locally harvested honey from Pappa’s – shown here is Orange Blossom with Comb; all natural, raw and unfiltered honey at its best. Try it over a slice of toast with a cup of tea?
Wishing you a #HealthyMeetHappy week!