As we wind down National Nutrition Month #NMM 2015,
Yemila and I continue to prepare for the
NNM Cooking Demo
– RSVP on Facebook or
Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosted by Angela Gallagher, RDN, LDN with #HealthyMeetHappy at Vintage Living Marketplace
- North of Viera Blvd on US1 in Rockledge Florida on Tuesday March 31st at 10:30am RSVP is recommended
- This is a free event to the community of Brevard County, donations will be accepted to support the local Cocoa Food Bank and to cover energy costs for the kitchen.
- Canned food donations will also be accepted and delivered to the Cocoa Food Bank
Today, we prepared a test recipe using a combination of local ingredients and pantry staples in the beautiful kitchen of Vintage Living Marketplace. Feel free to check out their website at http://vintagelivingmarketplace.weebly.com/
One recipe turned out fabulous, another recipe a flop . . . but then, that’s just the nature of a test kitchen. Some recipes work the first time out of the oven and some healthy recipes require some serious tweaking to make them reputable enough to share. A good part of a Registered Dietitian’s baseline training is in the hands on, practical application of nutrition in the kitchen. Test recipes, recipe modification, recipe analysis and menu breakdowns are all just a normal part of the routine…
Just as a science researcher documents, reports and analyzes their findings, a dietitian can help the community apply the sound science of nutrition to the real life application that we call life and cooking meals in a home kitchen.
We’d love to have you join us for our first annual NNM Cooking Demo, and given the overwhelming positive response…
Be sure to watch for future events with #HealthyMeetHappy as we teach that good nutrition and preventative healthcare begin in the kitchen.
- What favorite recipe would YOU like to have modified to fit your #HealthyMeetHappy lifestyle?
- Let’s make it another #HealthyMeetHappy week, friends!